So it wasn’t a bomb cyclone, but it was something else called a “clipper” that hit the region this morning bringing — GASP — about 1.5 inches of snow. Cue team coverage of the blizzard that’s rocking the Philadelphia area!
Check out our local newspeople bundled up in their winter weather gear this morning:
1. CBS Philly’s Justin Finch has some serious CW/ CBS swag. You guys have awesome jackets, but can someone get this guy a winter hat?
2. Take note, Mr. Finch: NBC 10’s Katy Zachry is clearly a seasoned pro. No NBC swag on her head, but she’s killin’ it in that beanie.
3. OK I have no idea what Fox29’s Jennifer Joyce is doing reporting on the snow live from a car (and why she’s wearing a seatbelt while the car is stationary?) but it’s awesome. She has the right idea, you guys.
4. NBC10’s Jesse Gary looks cold as hell. I mean, it was 6:30 a.m. and like 20 degrees out, so he’s forgiven. And although the peacoat is dapper, it might be some of the lightest outdoor wear we saw this morning.
5. Fox29’s Mike Jerrick was feeling co-anchor Alex Holley’s hands this morning after she came in from making a snow angel. They were cold, the viewers were told. Then they went on to discuss how great it is to be an anchor and sit inside all day in the heat. Sorry, field reporters.
6. OOH, and 6ABC’s Katherine Scott with the cool pink scarf! I see you, girl.
7. I have no idea what Fox29’s Steve Keeley was doing this morning. I guess he took it upon himself to wipe off some cars while live on air? I don’t even know, but this happened:
And then this happened:
And this wasn’t this morning, but Steve Keeley, never forget: