Let me apologize in advance.
It’s Election Day and politicians got into some seriously awkward situations today. It’s painful. Here are some of the most awkward of the awkward:
1. Chaka Fattah: “I’ll just stand outside this IHOP in Ardmore and smile for a bit.”
Starting the day at a familiar breakfast place in The Ardmore section of my district. pic.twitter.com/kl9yzkkdlZ
— Chaka Fattah (@chakafattah) November 4, 2014
2. Sad Philly dude wishes he was in Tom Wolf selfie. Isn’t.
— KYW Newsradio (@KYWNewsradio) November 4, 2014
3. Gov. Tom Corbett should have known the day was going to be a bit weird when he got to his polling place in his hometown and the firefighters had these nice welcoming signs for him.
— Chris Togneri (@ChrisTogneri) November 4, 2014
4. Cory Booker comes out of a polling booth. Tries to look normal. Doesn’t at all.
5. When you’re Tom Corbett and everyone wants to shake your hand at the same time.
In between shaking hands, Corbett notes he played baseball here as a kid (before the current school was built). pic.twitter.com/fdhbf0fGmJ
— Laura Olson (@lauraolson) November 4, 2014
6. Sen. Tony Williams and City Council President Darrell Clarke (both rumored mayoral candidates) were chillin’ outside Fourth St. Deli this morning. Tony Williams is all, “Are you seriously talking to me right now?”
7. I don’t even really know what to say about this one, but, Ed Rendell, I have a comb if you’d like to borrow it sometime!
— Dawn Maglicco Deitch (@maglicco) November 4, 2014
8. Tom McGarrigle, a Republican running for a state senate seat in Delco, looks like he just can’t even deal with this and backhanded that poll worker in the face.
— Philip Heron (@PhilHeron) November 4, 2014
9. New Jersey congressional candidate Aimee Belgard unleashes from the polling booth while wearing a cape… so she can… save a little boy in a straight jacket? Dunno!