When Philadelphia heads to the polls on Tuesday to vote in the primary election, they’ll trek to schools, churches, rec centers and libraries. Oh, and also some garages, a couple funeral homes and the squash courts.
Philly has some bizarre polling places, people. Some are nursing homes! Others are garages! And others are just kinda awkward, like hair salons and a golf pro shop.
Here are 14 of the most head-scratching polling locations in Philly, courtesy of the City Commissioners Office’s website and Google Maps:
1. “Garage” in Wharton
Location: 1815 S. 8th St.
2. Chobert Decorator’s Garage in East Passyunk
Location: 641 Reed St.
3. Mummer’s Museum in Pennsport
Location: 200 Washington Ave.
4. Saigon Maxim Restaurant in East Passyunk
Location: 612 Washington Ave.
Would you like some pho with that vote?
5. “Garage/ office” in West Philly
Location: 286 S. 62nd St.
6. The Painted Bride in Old City
Location: 230 Vine St.
Alright, this one’s just kinda cool.
7. Beauty Salon in West Oak Lane
Location: 1962 Penfield St.
Try not to inhale the hairspray.
8. Philadelphia Hair Artistry in Germantown
Location: 406 W. Chelten Ave.
9. Walnut Lane Golf Pro Shop in Wissahickon
Location: 800 Walnut Lane
10. “Funeral Home” in Port Richmond/ Kensington
Location: 2271 E. William St.
11. Penn Charter Squash Courts in East Falls
Location: 3001 W. School House Ln.
12. Macaroni Plaza Bocce Courts in South Philly
Location: Broad St. and Oregon Ave.
13. Lee’s Hoagie House in Rhawnhurst
Location: 7328 Castor Ave.
Wishing my polling place also sold hoagies, tbh.
14. “Residence” in Northeast Philly
Location: 3323 Fairdale Road
The bizarre polling place to end all bizarre polling places: Some lucky residents get to just walk into someone else’s actual house to vote. That’s a thing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯