Your social media timelines today were inevitably filled with two things: 1. People playing April Fool’s Day pranks and 2. People moaning about how much they hate said April Fool’s Day pranks.
We waded through the noise and found 10 of the better Philadelphia April Fool’s Day jokes that went around today:
1. Fishtown Pharmacy is now #ClubRX, which probably would do well in the neighborhood market, tbh.
2. Yards is excited about their new collaboration with the PPA. It’s beer that tastes like rage.
3. PoliticsPA pulled a fast one on their readers, joking that longtime Philly Rep. Mark Cohen has demanded Apple unlock his iPhone. Maybe he should just ask the FBI.
4. ABBI AND ILANA FROM BROAD CITY ARE DESIGNING THE ART MUSEUM’S NEXT EXHIBIT YASSSS KWEEN
5. Nope, we knew this one was an April Fool’s Day joke because we haven’t had 10,984 press conferences, failed transportation pass systems and mass hysteria yet. We did appreciate this note in Geekadelphia’s story:
Since the Pope is slated to appear on the Art Museum steps…and only the Art Museum steps…the city has decided to set up a “secure area” around the city that will have the following boundaries:
- Washington, DC to the south
- Boston to the north
- Chicago to the west
- Bermuda to the east
6. Beautiful. Inspired.
7. I guess the whole “I’m a Senate candidate obsessed with work clothes” thing isn’t *actually* a schtick.
8. Make Mayfair Great Again
9. Now that’s just cruel.
10. Apparently Councilman Derek Green hates the color purple? His aides are ON IT.