Updated: Oct. 13, 9 a.m.
The latest celebrity to stump for Hillary Clinton in Pennsylvania is Elizabeth Banks. Today she’ll register voters at her alma mater, Penn, and meet women at a coffee event in Ardmore.
Banks might be the biggest star to descend on Philly for Clinton, but she’s not the only one. Clinton has gotten help from plenty of Hollywood stars, including the guy who starred alongside Julia Stiles in “Save The Last Dance” and a hip-hop insider who witnessed one of the funniest fights in hip-hop history.
Here’s a rundown of all the celebs to support Hillary in Pennsylvania:
- Who she is: Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren in “Orange is the New Black.” Aduba also has several smaller roles in movies and on TV.
- Most random credit: She played a TSA officer in an “Alvin and the Chipmunks” sequel.
- What she did for Hillary: Helped register voters at FACE Beauty Boutique in Germantown and attended an organizing event in South Philly.
- Who she is: A big star on two of the biggest sitcoms of the 80s and 90s. Alexander played Pam on “The Cosby Show” and Max on “Living Single.”
- Most random credit: Alexander has been a guest star on almost every major television drama since the 80s, including the O.G. “Law & Order,” “7th Heaven,” “ER,” and “Grey’s Anatomy.”
- What she did for Hillary: Registered voters in Norristown and attended a block party in Norristown.
- Who he is: An actor who always plays really, really small characters, i.e. Rudy in “Rudy” and Sam in “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings” franchises and Mikey in “The Goonies.”
- Most random credit: He’s in “Swing State,” which is due for release just before the election. It’s about a Seattle DJ creating a fake conservative personality.
- What he did for Hillary: Registered voters at Carnegie Mellon and at a comic book store in Wilkinsburg.
- Who she is: One of America’s favorite comedic actresses. She’s been in the “Pitch Perfect” movies, directing the second one, and in “The Hunger Games” franchise. Banks also graduated from Penn.
- Most random credit: Banks played Laura Bush in “W.” She got the opportunity to stick it to a key figure in the Republican Party during that movie and now is campaigning against the Republican Party in real life.
- What she did for Hillary: She’s scheduled to attend a Penn voter registration drive, a women-to-women coffee event in Ardmore and a Liberty City Democratic Club meeting in Center City.
- Who she is: A famous hip-hop journalist.
- Most random credit: Civil was party to a hilarious parking battle between rappers Cam’ron and Jay-Z. A few years ago at the Def Jam offices, Cam’ron blocked Jay-Z and his Maybach from getting into the parking lot. She suggested the tiff led to Jay-Z snitching to HR and Cam’s Dipset crew getting kicked out of the offices the next week.
- What she did for Hillary: Held a campaign organizing event at Temple and attended the opening of a phone bank office in West Philly.
- Who he is: North Philly rapper who made it big in 2003 with the song “What We Do” and stayed on Roc-A-Fella Records for a few years.
- Coolest credit: Freeway has a great verse alongside Kanye West and Mos Def in “Two Words” on Kanye’s College Dropout album.
- What he did for Hillary: Held a campaign organizing event at Temple.
- Who he is: The actual president — in the TV series “Scandal” anyway.
- Most random credit: Goldwyn plays the banker crook Sam in “Ghost” who gets Patrick Swayze’s character killed and then tries to hook up with Demi Moore. Not cool.
- What he did for Hillary: Registered a bunch of voters in the Philly ‘burbs.
- Who he is: A grammy-winning musician
- Most random credit: Harper appeared on an SNL episode in 2004 that was hosted by Donald Trump. He played the song “Love Is Gonna Let Me Down” with Toots and the Maytals.
- What he did for Hillary: Attended an organizing event in Ardmore.
- Who he is: An actor who never stops working. His career has spanned three decades, from the TV series “Miami Vice” to the movie “Kick-Ass 2.” He’s perhaps best known for playing Tybalt Capulet in Baz Luhrmann’s “Romeo + Juliet” and providing the voice of Sid in “Ice Age.”
- Most random credit: Luigi. In his early days, Leguizamo co-starred in 1993’s “Super Mario Bros.,” one of the biggest flops of all time.
- What he did for Hillary: Gave remarks at the Puerto Rican Day Parade on Sunday.
- Who she is: An Oscar winner for her role in “Black Swan.” Portman also played Queen Amidala in the “Star Wars” prequels and was in one of the greatest SNL Digital Shorts of all time.
- Most random credit: Portman actually played the president’s daughter in the 1996 movie “Mars Attacks.”
- What she did for Hillary: Voter registration launches and Women for Hillary events. Portman is scheduled to be in Northeast Philly, Ardmore, Jenkintown and Elkins Park.
Sean Patrick Thomas
[giphy url=”https://giphy.com/gifs/00s-NOucVH3LZobmg” height=”192″ width=”480″]
- Who he is: The actor who connects with Julia Stiles in “Save The Last Dance.” He’s also had a major role in the “Barbershop” franchise.
- Most random credit: Patrick Thomas played Ronald in “Cruel Intentions,” the guy who falls in love with the Selma Blair’s character but has it all ruined by Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- What he did for Hillary: Helped launch grassroots voter registration efforts at a barbershop in Center City.
Who he is: The actor who plays communications director Toby Ziegler on “The West Wing.” The role earned Schiff an Emmy.
Most random credit: He was the “Train Driver” in the movie “Speed.” Not quite as memorable as the bus driver.
What he did for Hillary: Helped open up a campaign office in Pittsburgh.
- Who she is: A renowned feminist and author who entered the national spotlight in the late 1960s. Since then, she’s routinely been involved in political campaigns and supported Clinton in 2008.
- What she did for Hillary: Held a women’s organizing event in Wilkes Barre.
- Who she is: A longtime actress best known for roles in movies “Eve’s Bayou” and “Stepmom.”
- Most random credit: In “Head of State,” where Chris Rock stars a working man who ends up becoming president, Whitfield plays one of the advisors who originally tells Rock’s character he should run.
- What she did for Hillary: She went to voter registration events in Forest Hills and West Mifflin.
- Who she is: A Golden-Globe-winning actress who has recently been known for roles in “Desperate Housewives” and “12 Years a Slave.”
- Most random credit: Appeared as a character named Sandra Wilcox in one episode of “The White Shadow.”
- What she did for Hillary: Held a women’s organizing event and a tea event in Chester and Philadelphia.
- Who he is: Actor B.D. Wong is most well-known for his longtime role on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, but he’s also famous for roles in Gotham and Mr. Robot as well as Broadway performances.
- Most random credit: Mulan. Yes, B.D. Wong was the voice behind Shang — the captain of the unit that Mulan joined. At the end of the movie, Shang realizes he’s in love with Mulan.
- What he did for Hillary: Wong campaigned in the Philadelphia area on Oct. 13 by joining Pennsylvania AAPI for Hillary phone banks and visiting the Philadelphia Night Market to encourage attendees to commit to vote.