Billy Penn is looking for students who are majoring in Sales, Marketing or Advertising to help fill our digital marketing, sales and advertising internship for the fall semester.
Candidates should have previous internship or relevant experience working directly with clients, agencies and sales managers. Billy Penn‘s sales and events team works closely with the editorial staff to find smart sponsorship and event opportunities to accompany our strong original content. Our digital marketing, sales and advertising intern will help promote innovative products to our audience, work with team members to develop and understand digital marketing strategies and have a direct hand in our local events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with our team to develop and implement interactive marketing campaigns through paid media, search engine marketing, social media, and partnered events
- Assist in the creation of pitch materials
- Coordinate and execute local events including but not limited to overseeing our monthly Who’s Next photoshoots, interviews and networking functions
- Project planning
- Analyze reports to create insights that will help drive digital marketing strategies
- Develop and write social marketing plans
- New business development strategies
- Ordering giveaways
- Provide logistics and onsite event support during and after business hours
- Participate in strategy, pitch and brainstorming meetings
- Meet deadlines
Wanna work for us? You should…
Have an understanding of what young Philadelphians care about and an innovative approach to connecting them with our content and events. Applicants should have prior relevant experience, be that from student organizations, other internships or freelance work. You should be available to work a minimum of two days a week, including but not limited to occasional evening or weekend events. You should also be be extremely familiar with our site and how you can contribute to our sales and events team.
Still wanna work with us? You should…
Understand how brands can leverage social media to spread their content, share ideas for what more we can be doing and help plan and execute events. Qualified candidates should provide examples of relevant work, including social media account management, successful events and marketing/advertising campaigns. This internship provides a stipend. Start/end dates are flexible and we can work with your university to provide credits. Applicants should be comfortable working from their laptops in a busy environment, and be comfortable juggling calls and meetings in the middle of office activity.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with the subject line “marketing internship” detailing your interest in the role and why you’re the right fit for the position. Attach your .pdf resume. Anyone with “Microsoft Word” as a skill will be automatically disqualified because c’mon. No cover letters, please. Deadline to apply is Wednesday, Aug. 23rd.