From Hattie Harlow Burlesque:
This Sunday night, mothers take center stage in an unexpected way at “Bumps & Grinds,” a burlesque celebration of parenthood, choice, and body positivity.
The one-of-a-kind variety show features a talented cast of burlesque bombshells, sideshow and sword-swallowers, gender-bending drag artists, and comedians—who all happen to be mothers too.
Producer Hattie Harlowe is currently eight months pregnant with her second child—and still performing.
“When I became a mother, my whole world changed, but my passion for local art did not,” says Harlowe, an award-winning burlesque performer and producer. “I was frustrated by the way that society tried to limit or shame how I should behave. This show is my way of celebrating the duality of my life now; in this cast, we’re all parents, but we’re also professionals, artists, innovators, and so much more.”
Bumps & Grinds: An All Mama Revue
Sunday, November 12, Doors at 7 p.m., Show at 8 p.m.
Franky Bradley’s, 1320 Chancellor St, Philadelphia, PA
- Hattie Harlowe (Co-winner of 2017 Philadelphia Burlesque Battle Royale)
- Penny Praline (Co-winner of 2017 Philadelphia Burlesque Battle Royale)
- Rev. Mackenzie Moltov (World Record Holder for Pregnant Sword Swallowing)
- Molasses Jones (Mr. Philly LGBT Pride 2017, owner of Orange Blossom Doula Services)
- Jezabelle Von Jane
- Mama Junebug
- Nicole L’etage
- Hosted by Flirt Vonnegut
- Enter to win a family photoshoot and gift basket, with all raffle proceeds benefiting Planned Parenthood
- Meet & greet with vendors at intermission, including doula services, prenatal masseuse, and family portrait photographer
- Quench your thirst with themed drink specials and mocktails
Tickets are available at bit.ly/gomamas. Entrance is $12 in advance or $15 at the door. A $20 VIP package includes a reserved table, signed cast poster, and surprise gift.