Drop boxes are open throughout Philadelphia to collect completed mail ballots for the 2023 general election.
The City Commissioners’ Office started sending out Philly mail ballots the first week of October. If you haven’t applied, Oct. 31 is the deadline to do it in time for the Nov. 7 election.
You can apply online, or — and this is recommended if it’s getting close to the deadline — request a mail ballot in person at Philadelphia City Hall. Registered voters can go to the Board of Elections office in Room 140 and apply, vote on, and return a ballot all in the same visit. The office is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you already have your ballot, you should fill it out, seal it in two envelopes, sign the back, date it, and then return it.
Ballots must be received by election officials by the time the polls close: 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 7. They can be sent back via U.S. mail, but to ensure your ballot arrives in a timely fashion, you can take it by hand to one of 18 drop boxes across the city.
You can use any drop box. You don’t have to go to one in your voting division. (Note that you can’t drop off someone else’s ballot unless you fill out this paperwork first.)
Ballot drop boxes are accessible 24/7
Each drop-off location is monitored by round-the-clock security cameras, per the Office of City Commissioners.
- City Hall (South Broad apron): 1400 John F Kennedy Blvd, 19107
- Riverview Place (Columbus Boulevard side of the building): 520 N. Columbus Blvd., 19123
- Corporal Jimmy O’Connor Memorial Playground (fka Chalfont Playground): 4382 Deerpath Lane, 19154
- Dorothy Emanuel Rec. Center: 8500 Pickering St., 19150
- Eastern State Penitentiary: 2027 Fairmount Ave., 19130
- Ford PAL Rec Center: 609 Snyder Ave., 19148
- Independence Branch Library: 18 S 7th St., 19106
- Kendrick Rec Center: 5822 Ridge Ave., 19128
- 50th & Kingsessing (outside the Kingsessing Rec Center, under renovations): Kingsessing Ave. & S. 50th St., 19143
- Markward Playground: 400 S Taney St., 19146
- Pelbano Rec Center: 8101 Bustleton Ave., 19152
- Pleasant Playground: 6757 Chew Ave., 19119
- Shepard Rec Center: 5700 Haverford Ave., 19131
- Shissler Rec Center: 1800 Blair St., 19125
- Smith Playground: 2100 S 24th St, 19145
- Stenton Playground: 4600 N 16th St., 19140
- Vogt Rec Center: 4131 Unruh Ave., 19135
- Board of Elections warehouse: 11311 Roosevelt Blvd., 19154