Update: This position is no longer open, but we’re looking for summer interns. Email us if you’re interested.
We’re looking for an editorial intern who can keep up with our lively staff while researching and reporting original content about Philly for our news startup.
This is a pitch-heavy internship that requires candidates to share ideas and see them to fruition. Candidates should feel comfortable navigating Philly, be that by bike, SEPTA, car or on foot. Expect to file at least one story per week.
Billy Penn has a four-person staff that splits time between Philly’s neighborhoods and the conference room in our office. You won’t be getting coffee for the staff, but we also don’t have a coffee machine.
Wanna work for us? You should…
- have an understanding of what Philly millennials care about and an innovative approach to telling those news stories
- have reasonably clean written copy
- have the ability to incorporate photos and other multimedia into stories, or tell stories on those platforms
- be ready to work a minimum of 10 hours a week (we can work with you to provide college credit)
Still wanna work with us? You should…
- be good at the grammer
- have a public-facing Twitter account with a photo that’s not an egg
- have experience with Internet curation and attribution
- feel comfortable interviewing anyone, and doing so with little notice
- enjoy office humor and be willing to take part
- not be offended by the occasional F-bomb
- like Emoji
Qualified candidates should provide examples of relevant work, including written news stories and social media activity and/or account management. Photo and video skills are a major plus. There will be an all-staff interview. Email email@example.com with the subject line “internship.” Explain your interest and attach your resume. No cover letters, please.