From Weckerly’s Ice Cream:
This Saturday, Dec. 9, beginning at noon, Weckerly’s Ice Cream, the Philadelphia-based micro-creamery, will be throwing a birthday party to celebrate one year since they opened their first brick-and-mortar shop at 9 W. Girard Ave. in Fishtown.
The skilled team from Weckerly’s will be whipping up a special birthday cake as well as a super special batch of birthday cake ice cream. Throughout the day (and while supplies last), guests will enjoy a complimentary slice of birthday cake with a purchased scoop of ice cream. Weckerly’s will also be offering some of their most popular ice cream sandwiches from the past year and they include:
- Timmy Treat: vanilla ice cream, raspberry sorbet, and crunchy dark chocolate cookies.
- That Beer One: Yards Love Stout ice cream, chocolate ice cream, peanut butter and waffle cone pieces on soft chocolate cookies.
- Caramelized Banana Fluffernutter: caramelized organic banana ice cream, malted sweet cream, house made fluff and peanut butter-iced peanut butter bars.
Additionally, on Saturday, Weckerly’s will introduce their retails offerings for the holiday season and they include:
- Blueberry Syrup: made with the same local heirloom blueberries, dark rum and lime zest that define their signature Blueberry ice cream. The syrup goes great on pancake, waffles, and ice cream, of course. The blueberry syrup will be available in 12 oz. glass jars for $7 each.
- Hot Fudge Sauce: using the same recipe as they use in the shop, this syrup is made with organic milk and cream, organic cocoa and fair-trade chocolate. The hot fudge sauce will be available in 8 oz. glass jars for $10 each.