💌 Love Philly? Sign up for the free Billy Penn newsletter to get everything you need to know about Philadelphia, every day.
Mail ballot drop boxes are open for the 2022 general election in Philadelphia.
The Nov. 8 election features contested races for U.S. Senate, Pennsylvania governor, many seats in the Pa. Legislature, and a special election to fill four seats left vacant by people who resigned from City Council to run for mayor. There are also two questions about changes to the city charter. (Check out the Billy Penn Procrastinator’s Guide for all the details.)
This marks the third year with no-excuse mail voting in Pennsylvania. Haven’t applied for yours yet? You can do it online here — Nov. 1 is the deadline.
You can request a mail ballot in person at Philadelphia City Hall. Registered voters can go to the Board of Elections office in Room 140 and apply, vote on, and return a mail ballot all in the same visit. The office is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
If you already have your ballot, you should fill it out, seal it in two envelopes, sign the back, date it, and then return it.
You can do that via U.S. mail or take it by hand to one of 18 drop boxes across the city. You don’t have to find the one in your voting division, but you can’t drop off someone else’s ballot for them (unless you fill out this paperwork first). You can also return your voted and sealed ballot at one of the City Commissioners’ staffed mobile drop-off events — see below for locations and dates.
Ballots must be received by election officials by the time the polls close: 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 8.
Ballot drop boxes accessible 24/7
Each drop-off location is monitored by round-the-clock security cameras, per the Office of City Commissioners.
- City Hall (South Broad apron): 1400 John F Kennedy Blvd, 19107
- Riverview Place (Columbus Boulevard side of the building): 520 N. Columbus Blvd., 19123
- Markward Playground: 400 S Taney St., 19146
- Eastern State Penitentiary: 2027 Fairmount Ave., 19130
- Pelbano Rec Center: 8101 Bustleton Ave., 19152
- Ford PAL Rec Center: 609 Snyder Ave., 19148
- Smith Playground: 2100 S 24th St, 19145
- Vogt Rec Center: 4131 Unruh Ave., 19135
- Independence Branch Library: 18 Ss 7th St., 19106
- Dorothy Emanuel Rec. Center: 8500 Pickering St., 19150
- Pleasant Playground: 305 Slocum St., 19119
- Shissler Rec Center: 1800 Blair St., 19125
- O’Connor Memorial Playground (fka Chalfont Playground): 4382 Deerpath Lane, 19154
- Stenton Playground: 4600 N 16th St., 19140
- Shepard Rec Center: 5700 Haverford Ave., 19131
- Kendrick Rec Center: 5800 Ridge Ave., 19128
- Kingsessing Rec Center: 4901 Kingsessing Ave, 19143
- Board of Elections warehouse: 11411 Roosevelt Blvd., 19154
Mobile ballot drop-off locations accessible at select times
Each drop-off location is staffed by personnel from the Board of Elections, per the Office of City Commissioners.
Mondays (10/24, 10/31, 11/7):
- Paschalville Library, 6942 Woodland Ave (2pm-4pm)
- Cecil B. Moore Library, 2320 Cecil B. Moore Ave (10am-12pm & 1pm-4pm)
- Lawncrest Library, 6098 Rising Sun Ave (10am-12pm & 1pm-4pm)
Tuesdays (10/18, 10/25, 11/1):
- Overbrook Park Library, 7422 Haverford Ave (10am-12pm & 1pm-4pm)
- Widner Library, 2808 W Lehigh Ave (10am-12pm & 1pm-4pm)
- Greater Olney Library, 5501 N 5th St (10am-12pm & 1pm-4pm)
Wednesdays (10/19, 10/26, 11/2):
- Lucien E. Blackwell Library, 125 S 52nd St (10am-12pm & 1pm-4pm)
- Nicetown-Tioga Library, 3720 North Broad St (12:30pm-4pm)
- David Cohen Ogontz Library, 6017 Ogontz Ave (12:30pm-4pm)
Thursdays (10/20, 10/27, 11/3):
- Wynnefield Library, 5325 Overbrook Ave (10am-12pm & 1pm-4pm)
- Lillian Marrero Library, 601 W Lehigh Ave (10am-12pm & 1pm-4pm)
- Andorra Library, 705 E Cathedral Rd (10am-12pm & 1pm-4pm)
Fridays (10/21, 10/28, 11/4):
- Eastwick Library, 2851 Island Ave (10am-12pm & 1pm-4pm)
- Frankford Library, 4634 Frankford Ave (10am-12pm & 1pm-4pm)
- West Oak Lane Library, 2000 E Washington Ln (1pm-4pm)
Friday 10/28: Lincoln Financial Field, Lot K Pattison Ave between S 11th and Darien Sts (10am-2pm)
Saturday 11/5: China Gourmet Restaurant, 2842 St Vincent St (9am-12pm)
Friday 11/4: Chestnut Hill Library, 8711 Germantown Ave (10am-2pm)
Sunday 11/6: Lincoln Financial Field, Lot K Pattison Ave between S 11th and Darien Sts (10am-2pm)
Monday 11/7: CFCF, 7901 State Rd (4pm-6pm)